Friday, April 24, 2015

Don't judge a book by its movie

Don't judge a book by its movie


"I didn't read the book. But it's okay, I watched the movie!" We fangirls have all heard this or a variation of this at least once. And can I just say, there are not words to describe how much it frustrates me when this happens. "I hate (fill in the blank) it was so bad. I haven't even read the book, but the movie was terrible." .......... no words.
I mean, I would kind of understand this in terms of Harry Potter, or possibly Lord of the rings, because for the most part, those movies were pretty spot on. But for movies like Percy Jackson, or City of bones, or even divergent, I just can't express how important the books are in these situations. 
I think we can all admit that some movies really just mess it up. "You know, in the book, they actually..." "What...." "THAT NEVER EVEN HAPPENED IN THE BOOK, WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?" "Where's the part with the thing!?!? They didn't do the thing!" Any of that sound familiar? Those were all things I said in insurgent, city of bones, Percy Jackson, the giver, and so many others.
Sorry for ranting! :) 
So, I think I figured out how I want to end my blogs. I'll end it each time with a quote from a fictional character. today, Luna Lovegood. :)

"You're just as sane as I am." 
-Luna Lovegood
(Harry Potter)

No comments:

Post a Comment