Thursday, April 23, 2015

Fears of fictional characters and shipping

Hey, internet! So, I'm just going to jump right in with today's topic, fears of fictional characters. I think that a lot of the characters in books have really strange fears. I mean, Annabeth being afraid of spiders, that makes sense, because of Athena and Arakhne. But some of them are just awesome. Like Ron and spiders. or Herondales with ducks. I just find it hilarious how authors fit these fears into their stories. I've been trying to figure out a really hilarious fear for a fictional character for my book. I think that these fears are one of the reasons we just love fictional characters. I mean, Will Herondale is one of my fictional character crushes. Through the infernal devices books I was all like "Tessa, I ship you with Jem. You go be with Jem. I ship MYSELF with Will." So, I think Will being afraid of ducks makes him all the more adorable. 
This brings on a slightly different topic, shipping. If you've ever read the infernal devices, you know how hard it is not to just ship it all! I personally shipped Jem and Tessa, but it was hard to decide who to ship, because they both love her and she loves them both and.... UGH!!!! But then there's also the issue of shipping yourself with a fictional character. (For me, that's Leo Valdez.) I see no issue in shipping like this! :)  
(I want to come up with a clever slogan or something to end blogs with, but for now, I'll just stick with the Tobias heart.)
<4

No comments:

Post a Comment