Friday, July 10, 2015

Writing Prompt Day 1

So, this new thing is inspired by both the trivial thoughts blogger (trivial-thoughts-blogging.blogspot.com) , and Pinterest! So, what this is is 100 different writing prompts circling around one set of characters. My friend and I are fixing to write a book with these characters, so I figured that it would be a good way to see how they interact and stuff! 100 writing prompts to draw from
So basically what I've done here is I've written down 100 different writing prompts, and every day that I do this little writing prompt thingy I'll pick a new one! Today's writing prompt is....
Camping trip!!!!

"Why did I ever let you talk me into this?" I question irritably as I fail to secure the tent into the ground.
"Because it's fun and you want to spend time out in the wilderness with your best friend?" Kayla responds, grinning with the hope that I'll just go along with it. I glare at her for a brief moment before she breaks eye contact to secure the corner of the tent that she was working on.
"Apparently not." She mutters silently. I give up on the tent, leaving Kayla to do the work.
"I mean, don't get me wrong, I defiantly want to hang out with my best friend, it's just... well Chris and wilderness are just two things that don't mix!" I explain as she finishes setting up the tent.
"Come on, it'll be fun! And it's only for one night. I'm sure you'll survive that long." Kayla says, standing to her feet. I roll out the sleeping bags on the inside of the tent, and set my bag filled with numerous books on my side of the tent.
"And if I don't? Kayla, are you aware of how many people die n a year due to snake bites?" I ask, turning out of the tent to face her.
"Chris..." She starts, but I cut her off.
"Somewhere around 37,500 people!" Kayla pushes through me to get into the tent. I follow after her, zipping the door shut.
"Chris, I promise you won't get killed by snakes. You'll be fine. Now, I'm gonna go fishing before it gets to dark. You coming?" Kayla asks. I shake my head, pulling out a copy of looking for Alaska- a book that Kayla had recommended to me countless times- and flipped it open to begin reading. Kayla rolled her eyes, and let out a soft sigh.
"What?" I ask, holding the book in my hands. She shakes her head dully with a grin on her face.
"Only you could come on a camping trip and want to read the whole time." She laughs.

So, yeah! :) Hope you guys will enjoy this. I know I'll enjoy writing it!

"Life is a book and there are a thousand pages that I have not yet read."
Will Herondale
the infernal devices

No comments:

Post a Comment