Saturday, July 11, 2015

Writing Prompt day 2

Today's prompt is... Harmless prank gone wrong. Okay, gotta think about this one for a bit...
Okay! (I may have found this one on the internet because I am the worst at pranks, but still!)

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Jordan assures us, leaning over the library desk. Brenna nods in happy agreement.
"Yeah! Come on guys, it's the last day of school." Brenna says, trying to get Chris and I on board for a prank on the school nurses. Chris crosses his arms over his chest and leans back in his chair.
"I'm not doing it."  He says in protest.
"Oh, come on! Why not?" Jordan asks.
"Because I'm not comfortable with telling the nurse that I feel like dancing whenever someone says my name!" He answers in a sharp whisper. Brenna glares at him briefly and then looks over at me.
"What about you, K?" She asks hopefully.
"Nope. No way." I respond, shaking my head. "I don't want to be a part of this. You guys go crazy, but I'm gonna sit this one out."
"You don't even know the whole plan, guys! Just hear me out." Jordan adds eagerly. I let out a sigh of frustration. "Okay, so if we go through with this- which we will- Kayla, you'll go down first to get the whole thing on video. Just tell the nurse you feel light headed or something and need to sit down." Jordan urges. I nod microscopically, only slightly relived that if we did this, I would just be sitting on the sidelines. "That's when I come in, about a minute later. I'll be there to beat box or something while you're dancing." He explains. "Then Chris, you come down about a minute later and tell the nurse that 'lately you haven't been feeling yourself, that every time you hear your name, you feel the need to dance.' Then, Brenna will come in about 30 seconds after and say 'Hey, Chris, you feeling okay?' And that's when you break into dance mode." Jordan explains. "Make sense?" He adds. Chris nods slightly, rolling his eyes at the ridiculous prank idea.
"Okay, fine. Whatever. But if we get in trouble, it's on you." Chris says. Jordan grins a crooked smile, then hops up from his chair.
"Let's do it!" He says eagerly, clapping his hands once. I feel everyone's eyes locking on to me, urging me to walk out to the nurses office. I trip over myself as I walk out of the room, still in protest of the whole idea.
"I can't believe you guys actually talked me into this." I mutter. I shuffle into the nurses office quietly and sit down on a chair in the corner. Luckily, she was to busy with another kid to even notice that I had slipped in. I pull out my phone, and start recording the video. That's about when Jordan came in and sat in the opposite corner of me.
He nodded stealthily at the camera, which looked totally stupid. Almost exactly a minute later, Chris came running in the door. The nurse was still busy talking to another student, so this is basically when the whole thing started going down hill, and I was glad to be the one with the camera.
Chris stood in the middle of the nurses office in a confused daze, wondering what to do now. I couldn't help but laugh... which he heard, glaring at me in response. The three of us all exchanged a look as Brenna walked through the door before Chris could even get a word in to the nurse about his dancing disorder.
Now, this is probably where any normal person would just give up and walk away or something... so as you can probably tell, that's not at all what he did.
"Hey Chris..." Brenna started, but was interrupted by Chris eagerly tapping on the nurses shoulder. "Are you serious..." I say silently. The nurse whirled around to face Chris, who's face was now a bright shade of red.
"Oh, are you okay?" The nurse asked in a concerned tone.
Okay, little thing you should know about Chris... he MELTS under pressure. When he doesn't know what to do, words just kind of escape him, and he doesn't know what to do.
"I don't... feel good." He says awkwardly. Jordan bursts out laughing. "I... I don't feel like myself..." He says. At this point, his eyes were watering from the pressure of the prank going horribly wrong, so he looked like he was about to have a seizure or something. "It's just like, whenever someone says my name.. I, Uhh..."
"Why don't you go sit down?" The nurse suggested. Okay, now here's another great opportunity for one to give up. But Chris... well he was determined to go through with this prank somehow. So what does he do? He starts dancing.
"I just start dancing!" He concludes, dancing nervously. Brenna and I are both in total shock, but Jordan... we was laughing hysterically. Needless to say the nurse did not find this funny... luckily, it was the last day of school. Oh, and I got the whole thing on video.

So yeah! I hope you enjoyed that! Again, I found this prank done and failed just like that online. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment