Saturday, August 8, 2015

Being a ravenclaw

Yes, I already blogged today, but I'm bored, and I thought I'd blog while this is still on my mind.

I'm a Ravenclaw. And I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love being a ravenclaw, because it's who I am, and I wouldn't want to be in any other house, but as it has it's pros, it most defiantly has its cons. So here it is! Pros and cons of being a Ravenclaw! Maybe I could make this a tag! I tag Trivial Thoughts!

Pro- we are the most intelligent in all of the school! I mean, as well as all the magic, and the adventure, Hogwarts is, at the base of it, a place of learning! I as a person value school and education, so in Hogwarts, yeah, I would be the person who would actually take some time to study for the OWLS, unlike most other houses.

Con- There is rarely ever ravenclaw merch at hot topic.

Pro- Luna Lovegood is in our house!!! She is by far my favorite Harry Potter character EVER!

Con- We barely got any recognition in the books and the movies.

Pro-
We are the most supportive and accepting to people who are different! there’s an intellectual tolerance there, the ability to accommodate people who have different ideas or weird hobbies, and to remain open-minded about people who are different. Ravenclaw is the House for people who would get funny looks from others - (Not to stereotype, but) when Gryffindors would shun, Hufflepuffs stare, and Slytherins smirk, Ravenclaws would welcome a person with open arms and a desire to learn more about what they’re doing. This is a House where you don’t have to worry about being made fun of. 
Ravenclaw isn’t solely comprised of geeks - but it’s definitely the House most likely to welcome them with open arms, and where someone who has unusual interests can find a friend without fear of being laughed at. Ravenclaws are curious, creative, intelligent - and wise enough to realize that intelligence comes in many different forms.
Con-  even though we earn TONS of house points in class, we are still overshadowed by Gryffindor. Seriously! We are the best in practically any class, and we get tons of points for being the teachers pet, but we loose it all to Gryffindor. Why? Quidditch. Let's face it, a lot of us Ravenclaw nerds are probably terrible at sports.
Pro- Again, we have merchandising issues, but that just means we have choices that the other houses don't!!!!!! In the books, the ravenclaw colors were bronze and blue, but in the movie, they were grey and blue. We have more choices when it comes to merch!
Con- Reminding people that the ravenclaw mascot is an eagle, not a raven. Seriously, the struggle is real.
Pro- The ravenclaw common room is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Bookshelves filled to the absolute limit, and stacks of books on the floor. It is a perfect little reading nook, and it's also the perfect place to hang out with other ravenclaws!
Con- people like to assume and write most ravenclaws off as the "weird girl" or the "girl who doesn't know how to have fun" but that is so viciously not true! Who says you can't be intelligent and still know how to have fun? We're the house of intellect, and knowledge. Not the house of goodie two shoes. Please don't assume to know who I am. Sorry, got a bit passionate there.
And I think I'm gonna end on that note!

Thank you guys so much for checking out my blog! Please leave a comment telling me some things you love and/or hate about the Hogwarts house you're in! Also, let me know if you happen to be a ravenclaw! 
If you want to read my last blog post, click here:

If you want to follow me on twitter, click here:
Fangirls, Assemble!

If you want to follow me on Pinterest, click here:
Pinterest: Discover and save creative ideas


See y'all in my next post! Bye!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment